Friday 8th October 2021
Container Terminal Operatives (Straddle Drivers – flexible shift patterns)
Closing date: open
The Port of Tilbury (London) Ltd is the largest of 8 ports owned by Forth Ports and is the largest multi-modal Port in the South East.
This is your chance to join us and create your own career pathway to future opportunities. London Container Terminal, our Container Division, is looking to recruit a number of Container Terminal Operatives to drive Straddle Carriers to deal with increasing volumes. Full training will be provided and excellent terms and conditions are in place.
The position involves:
- safely operating a 70 tonne container handling straddle carrier
- identifying and moving containers to and from vessels, trucks and trains
- distributing shipping containers throughout our storage yards
- working as part of a team
You will be expected to work overtime when required and be highly motivated. You must be able to demonstrate a positive attitude and a flexible approach to working within a flexible shift pattern.
We have positions available to work:-
- 2 shift pattern working earlies, lates and every third Saturday morning shift attracting a salary of £25,500 per annum or;
- Flexible pattern worked on a 5 from 7 basis requiring you to work 8 to 12 hour shifts, days and nights, attracting a salary of £33,000 per annum.
It is essential that you have a full driving licence. Experience of working in ports and with plant machinery is preferred but not necessary as full training will be given.
Please apply using the form on this page to upload your CV.