Tilbury Port Authority
The Port of Tilbury is located on the Lower Thames and is the largest port on the river, handling over 20 million tonnes per annum.
As a statutory port authority in its own right, we can offer a wide range of services for our customers.
The Marine department offers a 24/7 service, giving the ability to arrive and depart when required.
The port has a wide range of berths with the ability to handle almost all cargo types.
The impounded dock offers 47 berths with the ability to take vessels up to 10.5m draft, whilst the 7 river berths can take up to 12.5m draft vessels.
The locks are able to accommodate vessels of panamax size, and offer the option of 3 different lock options depending on size.
Short and long term laybys are also available, as well as berths for project cargo and construction.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure all the information contained on this web-site is in force and up to date, this in no way relieves the Master from his responsibilities as to whether this is the latest information available. If in any doubt contact the Duty Officer.
Call Port of Tilbury Police on +44 (0)1375 846781
Give your location, nature of emergency and assistance required: Police, Fire, Ambulance.
Port police will send their response unit immediately and call outside Emergency Services who will be met at main gate and escorted to scene.
If 999 is dialled from a mobile you will be connected direct to outside Emergency Services. Please call Port Police on +44 (0)1375 846781 and advise them as soon as possible afterwards.
+44 (0)1375 842663
Border Agency (Customs)
+44 (0)1375 853223
Port of London Authority (Reception)
+44 (0)1474 562200
Port of Tilbury (Reception)
+44 (0)1375 852200
+44 (0)1375 850454
+44 (0)1474 258361
+44 (0)1375 855555
Harbour Master Tilbury
Port of Tilbury London Limited
Leslie Ford House
Tel: +44 (0)1375 852200
Lock office Tel: +44 (0)1375 852456 (24/7)
VHF Ch 4 (24/7)
Whilst manoeuvring within the dock, Channel 04 VHF should be used. Call Sign: TILBURY CONTROL
Listen for the Duty Harbour Master’s instructions and advice re: change of…
- Request permission:
- To leave the berth and advise when all fast on the berth
- To launch a lifeboat for drill purposes
- To hold an engine trial
- When having a drill of any kind
- Report pollution observed or caused by own vessel
- Any accident or incident
Current Weather in the Port of Tilbury
Warnings have been issued
- Warning Type: Strong Wind
- Start date of Warning: 2020-02-28 10:30:00
- End date of Warning: 2020-03-01 10:00:00
- Description: South to southwesterly winds will increase on Friday morning, with crane height gusts of 37-42kts. Winds will ease slightly later on Friday afternoon, but are likely to increase once again overnight, with crane height gusts up to 48kts possible early on Saturday morning, with another peak possible during Saturday mid-afternoon when very brief gusts of close to 55 kts at crane height are possible near any blustery showers that may pass close to the Port. Winds will gradually ease through Saturday night and into Sunday morning.
- Date issued: 2020-02-28 15:43:25