Forth Ports respect your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
The website is structured so that, in general, you can visit without identifying yourself or revealing personal information. Any information you provide by which you can be identified will be treated as confidential in line with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended from time to time.
1. We collect information when you read or download information from the website, this may include your IP Addresses and Cookies.
2. We may collect personal information including an email address when you submit an application or enquiry to us. We may ask you to provide additional contact information for further correspondence.
4. We will collect your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
4. We will not share your personal data with any third party other than (a) with any member of our group or (b) with our third party data processors who help administer this website or process data submitted to it or (c) if we are required to disclose or share such information to comply with any legal obligation.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies, please note that some parts of this website may not be accessible or may not function properly.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will only use your data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your data in the following circumstances:
(a) to provide you with services you have requested;
(b) to administer our site and for internal operations, including data analysis, testing, research and statistical;
(c) where necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; and
(d) where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
More specifically, we will use your personal information as follows:
(a) when you read or download information from the site (IP address and cookies). We will collect this information for statistical purposes. We may use this to improve our service and analyse use of the website.
(b) when you send Forth Ports an enquiry or email; The personal details collected from you are stored electronically and can only be accessed by us or those administering the website. We will use this information to reply to your enquiry.
We may also use your contact information to let you know about Forth Ports, our services, news, events or other information which may be of interest to you.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us and, in each case, you have not opted out from receiving that marketing.
THIRD PARTY MARKETING
We will not share your personal data with any company outside Forth Ports or its group companies for marketing purposes.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for so long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which we have collected it.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data. Please contact us in these circumstances.