Scotland – Skills & Business Centre
Forth Ports has opened a new, purpose-built Skills and Business Centre, located within Forth Ports Grangemouth, the largest container port in Scotland.
This new facility is a key strategic investment with a long-term focus on qualifications, skills and personal development for all employees across our Scottish Operation.
Our experienced team offers a range of skills training to the Scottish engineering and the local business community.
The Skills and Business Centre is SQA approved for Port Operations and First Aid. Our team is accredited to deliver IOSH and RTITB Fork Lift Truck certified training.
The Skills and Business Centre has the following facilities available for hire:
- Large Training Suite
- Small Training Suites
- Computer Suite
- Video Conferencing Suite.
Our training courses:
Key areas for skills and training:
- IOSH Working Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely
- RTITB Forklift Truck Basic & Re-certification
- Modern Apprenticeship in Port Operations SVQ Level 2
- First Aid Basic & Re-certification (external partner provided)
- Crane Operation (Lift Supervisors)
- Crane Operation (Appointed Person)
- Confined Space (Authorised Person)
- Confined Space (Responsible Person)
- Risk Assessment
- Manual Handling
- Chainsaw Maintenance & Cross Cutting
- Abrasive Wheels
- Oil Spill Basic & Re-certification (External partner provided).