Tilbury (London) - Paper and Forest Products
Tilbury is the UK's leading port for paper products and is the major entry port for the London print houses and publishers in the south-east. Key Facts:
- Volumes of over 3 million tonnes per annum.
- Major customer storage and distribution facilities available.
- All major trade routes served: Europe including Scandinavia, Russia and Baltic States, North America and South America.
- Full range of products: newsprint, magazine print, reeled and baled pulp, KLB and palletised cut paper.
- Specialist handling equipment and highly skilled workforce.
- Latest paper handling technology with I.T. support including fully automated warehousing.
- All major modes of transport including: Lo Lo, Ro Ro, side-port, containerised and rail.
Tilbury is a significant port for forest products with excellent links throughout the supply chain including shipping lines, importers, merchants and distributors.
The Port can offer:
- A wide range of trade area served: Baltic, South America, North America, Far Eastern and Africa.
- Over 25 acres of dedicated undercover storage: transit sheds and distribution facilities.
- A full range of commodities handled from sheet materials to specialist timber products, doors and mouldings.
- De-vanning facilities for containerised product.
- On-site Wood Treatment Plant for sheet materials and timber.
- Facilities to handle domestically produced products
- Value added services.